Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mmm... Brains...

Let's play a game. I'm going to say a word and you tell me the first thing that comes to mind. Ready? Here it is...

ZOMBIES

I would hazard a guess that a lot of you immediately thought of this...


The truth is, zombies are mainstream cool now, thanks to The Walking Dead. Because of that, I've been seeing more and more zombie books popping up. But, to be honest, The Walking Dead has sort of ruined me for all other brain-eaters. I have a hard time reconciling the nasty, decomposing, gooey "Geeks" with any sort of love interest in a book. All I can think of is, "eeeewwwwww...."

But, I'm proud to say that this week I started my very first zombie book:


I know it's a bit of a cop-out, what with the movie and all. Baby steps, y'all. I'm ready to overcome my preconceived notions and give the living dead a try. 

So, let's hear from you. Have you read any good zombie books lately? What are your favorites? 

And, just cause this is my post and I can do what I want, here's one of my favorite pics from The Walking Dead. 

Oh. Yeah.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment