Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sequels that drive you crazy and not in a good way

First off I just want to apologize for not getting a post out for so long. As Ashley said Mondays had become pretty much impossible for me as I never seemed to be anywhere near my keyboard! Life's been pretty busy for me again of late with a possible job opportunity and a new relationship. Therefore I have had much less reading time than I would like.

However what I am currently reading is a sequel, and it is driving me crazy. So this post is a rant to those sequels that annoy the daylights out of you. I'm sure you know the type, the first book is fantastic or at least really enjoyable and then the second one... it feels like a different series altogether! The characters you have come to love are now just irritating.


That Boy (That Boy, #1)That Wedding (That Boy, #2)
The book that has me feeling this way right now is That Wedding by Jillian Dodd. The first book, That Boy, I really enjoyed. I liked the main character JJ, she was a girl who went after what she wanted, played sports with the boys and enjoyed life to the fullest. Then we get her in the sequel and she is nothing but a whiny brat who has to get her way in everything and cannot deal with any type of conflict. She must be right about everything and win every fight or the person she is arguing with is stupid. I realize the author had to do something to make the book interesting, but this was not it! I am finding it difficult to read more than a chapter or two at a time and the chapters are really short.




I know there have been more of these than just this but I can't seem to think of them right now. So what about you, what is a sequel you wish had been done differently or maybe never even written at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment